We all know how classic New Years resolutions go, especially when they involve getting fit and healthy. But what if there was a way you could skip the overcrowded gym and the annoyingly complex food recipes? Is there something simple out there that can boost energy, immunity, and weight loss?
Honey is the answer!
1. Honey has great antioxidant properties that helps to keep your body healthy. Antioxidants help to slow and even prevent damage to your cells caused by free radicals (substance produced when your body breaks down food or when you're exposed to tobacco smoke). Our Be Local Honey Dew is high in antioxidants and very yummy! Honey Dew is made when the bees use tree sap to make their honey instead of flowers, giving it an almost maple syrup like taste.
2. Manuka Honey is known for its antibacterial properties. It's the perfect way to keep your body free from nasties. Manuka will help to boost your immune system so you're able to fight off infections, AND, if you're already sick then a spoonful of manuka can help rebalance your system. It can be used for anything from sore throats to stomach ulcers, even externally for cuts and eczema. If you're looking to use Manuka for medicinal reasons we say for a UMF 15+ or higher so it has lots of good stuff in it.
3. Honey is a great energy boost. It can be used before or after exercise as a way to give your body an extra little boost. It's also a lot healthy than sugar substitutes you might already be using.
4. Honey is a natural sugar. Honey has a high level of fructose making it sweeter than table sugar, as a result a little goes a long way. Honey is also less processed meaning its easier for your body to burn. Sugar raises blood sugar levels more quickly, and has a higher level of glucose and fructose.
5. Honey contains all kinds of good stuff including amino acids, enzymes, minerals and vitamins
Incorporating honey into your diet will help keep you fighting fit!